Tuesday 21 February 2012 - 0 comments

An Ottawa Senator: Newborn Session


Future Ottawa Senator
There are very special plans for this little guy, so just to be ready for his draft-day - we captured him at 7 days old in a bit of his future garb. (wink!) I always like to incorporate a little of the family's interests or style, keeping the images personal. It not only creates a session that is unique to you, but is fun too! However, you will notice that my style is fairly minimalist, I do love to keep it simple and ensure that the viewer's eyes are drawn straight to the face, the eyes, rather than the outfit or the props. With my own boys I often try to find solid color shirts for their photosessions.

While most of my newborn session's are done in baby's home, Daniel's session was done in my home studio. Babies always enjoy the heat from my lights! Mom and baby arrived one hour prior to the rest of the family to allow us some quite sleepy baby time. Daniel did great, sleeping through several poses. I always feel so blessed to be allowed to be part of these first days of a little one's life. Thinking of the closeness they have shared with mom for nine months, and all the love that surrounds them now.
Mmm... Love that Blur...



May I take a moment to pay homage to my macro lens? Purrr-fect for Wedding Rings and Baby Toes! It gives the image that gorgeous sharpness where you want it, and all that buttery blur that photographers (and photography lovers!) drool over. I remember laughing with a mom after taking a photo of her daughter, she loved the look of the image on the back of my camera, and I was purring about the blur. "The Blur?" she exclaimed. "All this time I've been trying to get my images sharp, and what I really needed was blur!"

Newborn sessions are so special for me, knowing how grateful I was to have Connie Pohl capture my son. Any mom will tell you how amazing it is (and a little shocking) how that newborn stage really only last a week or two, then baby starts to look like an infant. That beautiful, curly shape that they held in the womb starts to stretch out after 7-10 days, and they become more wakeful too. This is why photographers encourage newborn sessions so early in baby's life. Of course, I always say,  if that first week is so full that scheduling a session just doesn't work - don't fret. There are plenty of opportunities to capture your gorgeous baby. Just send me an email and we will find the right time for you.

Perfect Fit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment